Easy Grilled Salad
So easy that there isn't much of a recipe.
- small bunch of asparagus, snap bottoms off and leave whole.
- carrots, peel, cut length wise, so that they are long and flat, and cut into three equal pieces.*
- bell peppers, cut in half, rib, seed and smaller strips if needed, so that they sit flat.*
- half a head of curly green lettuce, torn.
- olive oil,
- salt & pepper
- ricotta or feta crumbled.
Heat a grill pan or BBQ, toss vegetables in olive oil, salt and pepper. Starting with the carrots because they take the longest add them to the grill pan and turning as they brown. Move them the cooler part of the pan and add asparagus and peppers. Turn them as they brown.
Meanwhile clean and shred your lettuce into a shallow bowl or large plate.
Remove the grilled vegetables from the pan, toss with lemon rind, then coarsely chop.
Put roasted vegetables over top the torn lettuce drizzle with olive oil, and fresh squeezed lemon juice, crumble cheese and lightly salt & pepper and serve.
* basically you want your veg big enough that it won't fall through the slats of a grated grill but will cook evenly and fast.
photos by me.