Monday, June 7, 2010

Laura's Taco Salad

I just wanted to share this quickly before it escapes me... We had a mexican inspired meal last night with friends and had a lot of left overs..So when I saw Laura's recipe from http://heywhatsfordinnermom.blogspot.com/  I knew what I was going to do with some of those left overs. Here is my quick simple using all leftovers:

TACO SALAD
  • About 3/4 cups of torn lettuce leaves
  • 3/4 handfuls of tortilla chips lightly smashed
  • 1/2 cup cooked black beans with onion and ground cumin 
  • fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1 cup grated mexican melting cheese
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 large heirloom tomato (those suckers are big!) chopped
  • juice of one lime
  • finely chopped chili
What I did: I keep bags of fresh mixed greens in my fridge. (I buy a couple different heads of lettuce, clean them, tear them up and store them in bags- So I always have my own mixed greens). I put a bag of greens in a bowl added the tortilla chips, chopped tomatoes,  black beans, lime juice, salt & pepper, fresh cilantro, and grated cheese. Toss. To serve add a bit more fresh cilantro, grated cheese and for those that can handle it fresh chili.

FYI- There will be a few more mexican inspired recipes- I observed so much on our vacation!

Here's a link to her recipe:



5 comments:

  1. Great salad. I love that you said "heirloom tomato" that puts a big smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That looks delicious! Agree with Velva, heirloom tomatoes are the only way to go with a salad!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhhh that is a beautiful salad! I love the heirloom tomatoes too. :) Glad I inspired you, now I need to go check out that gourmet granola!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Looks delicious! And I'm always looking for new recipes that use black beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great salad and cool your 1/2 aussie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tomatoes and more: Find more recipes here!