Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Planning

The babies requested chicken for dinner so I searched for a recipe that I thought would be appropriate - Soy Braised Chicken Thighs and off to the grocery store we went. Where we got a chicken primer from the butcher on different cuts, organic vs not, size and cooking methods. I told him what I intended to do and he talked me through it, including holding up different pieces so that the babies could choose what cuts they wanted.... Home we went with various other ingredients and they went down for a nap. They knew that we were cooking chicken for dinner and that we had picked it out so when daddy called after nap and said lets go out for dinner, I put it to the babies they responded with an emphatic "no". They were excited to cook the chook and it was already part of the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tomatoes and more: Find more recipes here!