Monday, December 14, 2009

C is for Cookie and D is for December pt 3


As Christmas gets closer I think the days actually speed up, so it took me a few days to get to decorating the cookies.  At that point I had not bought piping bags, and so I had to improvise.  I used as suggested by my husband, ziplock bags.  I think this method was a reader tip in Cooks Illustrated, and it seemed to be a very practical one.  We do it all the time with sour cream to pipe onto tacos (it avoids clumping), and other decorative sauces and condiments, but with icing, small hands and fine detail it works not.  It is good however for piping directly into the mouth, you don't need any precision there.  



















photos by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tomatoes and more: Find more recipes here!